My choice for Swoonworthy Sunday this week is from one of my favourite dystopian trilogies, Pure, although I have to say, whilst I liked him in the first two books, in the last book, the power kind of went to his head and I started to hate him a bit, because he seemed to be turning into his father. Still I liked him well enough in the first two books that I figured he was a decent choice for this feature, he started out as a sweet, innocent, somewhat naive boy, looking for answers and once he found them, wanting to change the world outside the Dome for the better. It’s a shame he didn’t stay that way in the last book.
The Gist of Partridge:
1. His full name is Ripkard Crick Willux.
2. He is tall & lean and has a shorn head (at least in Pure) and has unmarked, pale skin.
3. He is the son of Aribelle Cording Willux and Ellery Willux, founder of the Dome. He had a brother Sedge and Pressia is his half-sister.
4. He is a Pure.
5. He is 17 years old.
6. He is in love with Lyda Mertz.
7. He is curious about the world outside the Dome and spends most of the first book looking for answers about his mother. He starts out as quite an innocent, naive boy who knows nothing about the outside world.
8. He has incredible strength due to his strength coding.
Patridge’s Best Quotes:
1. “He closes his eyes because he doesn’t want to remember what he sees, only what he feels” -Pure, Julianna Baggott
2. “He hates being Willux’s son. It makes him a target as much as it protects him” -Pure
3. “This is how his memory has felt, a long inhale that pulls him out” -Pure
4. “The stars look like small bright punctures-almost lost in the dark-dust air- but they aren’t punctures” -Pure
So that’s this week’s Swoonworthy Sunday, I will have another one of these next week, but tomorrow I will have my usual Monday Recommendations post for you all, so look out for that.