For this week’s Recommendations, I decided I would focus on movies! Specifically one of my favourite movie genres, romantic comedies! What you say? The girl who hates romance novels likes romantic comedies? What is this? What can I say, they’re cute and fluffy and fun and are always good when I need cheering up. These are my favourites that I would recommend to everyone.
1. Definitely, Maybe-I love this movie, it’s one of my favourites. The story of the recently divorced dad telling his daughter about his romantic life, is sweet and heartwarming, with moments of sadness but an ultimately satisfying conclusion. Abigail Breslin is very cute and Ryan Reynolds plays the hopeless romantic very well. If you like romantic comedies, I would definitely recommend this one.
2. The Proposal-This is also one of my favourite movies (and yes, I get that Ryan Reynolds is kind of a common theme!), it’s completely hilarious and to be honest, that’s probably all that you really need to know. Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds are awesome and it’s a very, laugh out loud, feel good movie, perfect for a Saturday night in.
3. How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days-This movie may be over ten years old now, but it still holds up. It’s such a funny movie and a slightly different twist on your classic romantic comedy formula, definitely one that if you like romantic comedies you should try.
4. 13 Going On 30-Again, it’s kind of an old movie, but it’s really good, it’s such a sweet movie and definitely worth the watch.
5. She’s The Man-This is a hilarious, modern take on Twelfth Night, I’m not that keen on Shakespeare but I do love the modern movies based on it and this one is one of the best. Plus, Channing Tatum is really cute!
6. Confessions of A Shopaholic-Because Hugh Dancy is just……I’m kidding (well not really), but in all seriousness, it’s a funny, heartwarming movie with all the classic romantic comedy goodness.
7. 10 Things I Hate About You-This movie is so great! It’s funny, has great characters, and is just a really great modern take on another one of Shakespeare’s play.
8. Ella Enchanted-I know most people who’ve read the book don’t seem to like the movie, but if you like fairytales and romance, then this is definitely a good movie for you and it might be better if you haven’t read the book, like me, as it’s one of my favourite movies.
9. 27 Dresses-Again, it’s a funny, enjoyable film, with all the classic romantic comedy tropes, which still work surprisingly well despite how well worn they are. It’s a lovely, heartwarming film, one of the better Katherine Heigl films I’ve seen.
10. Wild Child-If you like boarding school movies, this is one of the better ones out there, it’s funny and focuses just as much on friendship and family as it does on romance.
I will be back next week (hopefully with the post actually on it’s scheduled day!) but in the meantime, I’m posting my Top Ten Tuesday very soon, so make sure to check out that later!