This week’s Swoonworthy Sunday concludes my trio of Raven Boys features, with the final Raven Boy, Adam Parrish (I know Noah is a Raven Boy too, but he;s a ghost so I’m not featuring him in these posts). My feelings for Adam have been mixed, I wasn’t too keen on him when he was with and then obsessing over Blue, but I have grown to like him since then. I especially like his special relationship with Cabeswater. His stubborness annoys me sometimes, but I appreciate that he knows what he wants and works really hard to get it.
The Gist of Adam:
2. He is deaf in his left ear from a fight with his father who was abusive towards him.
3. He is very smart.
4. He is 18 years old.
5. He attends Aglionby on a partial scholarship.
6. He is friends with Ronan, Gansey, Noah and Blue.
7. He is the poorest of the Raven Boys. He lives in a rented room above a church.
8. He is thoughtful and perceptive and often preocuppied with other people’s problems.
9. He has a special relationship with Cabeswater and is the main line of communicaion between it and the group. His psychic energy is said to be very loud.
10. He has a crush on Ronan.
Adam’s Best Quotes:
1. “Rags to riches isn’t a story anyone wants to hear until after it’s done” -The Raven Boys
2. “Maybe it was good that the world forgot every lesson, every good and bad memory, every triumph and failure, all of it dying with each generation. Perhaps this cultural amnesia spared them all. Perhaps if they remembered everything, hope would die instead.” -Blue Lily, Lily Blue
3. “There is no good word for the opposite of lonesome.
One might be tempted to suggest togetherness or contentment , but the fact that these two other words bear definitions unrelated to each other perfectly displays why lonesome cannot be properly mirrored. It does not mean solitude, nor alone, nor lonely, although lonesome can contain all of those words in itself.
Lonesome means a state of being apart. Of being other. Alone-some.” -Blue Lily, Lily Blue
4. “Adam was beginning to realize that he hadn’t known Ronan at all. Or rather, he had known part of him and assumed it was all of him.” -Blue Lily, Lily Blue
I will have another Swoonworthy Sunday post for you next week, but tomorrow, I will have another Monday Recommendations post for you.
I would also like to reveal the books I will be reading for the Make Me Read-It-Read-a-thon:
-A Court of Thorns And Roses
-Ink And Bone
-There was a tie for number four, so I’m choosing Code Name Verity as out of the three, it was highest on my TBR.
Happy reading to everyone taking part in the read-a-thon! I will be starting with ACOTAR tomorrow!