This week’s post is the second part of my series on TV shows I recommend, but as opposed to last week’s post which was about currently airing series that I would recommend, this week’s post is about completed series that I love and would recommend to people. If you haven’t already seen these, then I would definitely recommend checking them out, whether it be through DVD, or Netflix, whatever you use to catch up on TV.
1. Friends-This is without a doubt my favourite TV show ever! If you are one of the few people who haven’t seen this yet. then definitely check it out, you won’t regret it. It’s available on Netflix, so now would be the perfect time for a binge! I’m slightly embarrassed to admit that I’ve watched this show so many times, I know the episodes off by heart now. I rewatch it at least once every year (which reminds me I haven’t done it this year!) and it’s the perfect show to cheer you up when you’re down.
2. How I Met Your Mother-It’s kind of a cheap copy of Friends, but still enjoyable. If I’m being completely honest, I’d only really recommend the first five seasons, because to me, the show kind of went downhill from season six onwards, plus the finale is such a crappy ending, I like to pretend that it never happened.
3. Ugly Betty-I love this show! I wish it hadn’t been cancelled, there are still stories that I would love to have seen. It’s such a funny, heartwarming show, with a great cast, so it’s definitely one worth considering if you’re looking for TV shows to binge.
4. Wild At Heart-This is a British TV series, so I’m not entirely sure about it’s availability abroad, but if you live here in the UK and love animals, you should definitely try it. I was so pissed that they cancelled it, because it felt like it ended really abruptly and I wasn’t that keen on the finale special that they used to end it. Still, it’s a great show, one that you could probably watch with your family, I found it to be a very heartwarming drama.
5. Gilmore Girls-Another one that I rewatch annually! You are missing out if you have not seen this series about Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter Rory. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a better mother-daughter relationship on a TV show. This show is so wonderful, with it’s eclectic cast of characters, the great comedy and the break-neck speed dialogue, it’s impossible not to enjoy this charming series. I haven’t done my annual rewatch for this one either! I’d better get on these rewatches otherwise I may not get them done!
6. Gossip Girl-I’m actually rewatching this one right now! I loved this show, all the drama, the gossip, the relationships, so enjoyable! If you haven’t watched this one, I highly recommend it, it’s one of my favourite shows.
7. Desperate Housewives-Again love this show! It has the perfect mix of drama and comedy and the main cast of housewives are all so great. It’s a bit of a long one, so you’d have to have a considerable amount of time on your hands if you wanted to watch it, but it’s worth the time investment. If you like Devious Maids, then you’d like this one, since they’re kind of similar and created by the same person.
8. Glee-I’m kind of hesitant in recommending this one, since I hated the last three seasons, but the first three are relatively good and the music is really enjoyable, so I’m recommending it based on that.
9. The Secret Life of The American Teenager-I binge watched this one a while back (not entirely sure why) and it was pretty good, although it does go downhill in the later seasons and the characters aren’t all that likeable. To be honest, I’m actually not that sure why I liked this one, but it was strangely addictive, hence the recommendation.
I will have more recommendations for you next week (I’m thinking movies), but tomorrow, I will have my Top Ten Tuesday for you, so make sure to check that out.