As I’ve said, I’ve collected a number of tags that I want to do and this was one of them, I saw it on The Honest Bookclub’s site (though it is originally from Epic Reads YouTube channel) and it seemed like a fun one to do, so I thought I would try it!
1. If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve?
I would invite JK Rowling and Hermione Granger (obviously!) and I would serve tea and scones.
2. What book do you wish the author would write a prequel for?
Harry Potter, I know I’m not the only one who wants to see a prequel of the Marauders’ school years. This needs to happen! I can only imagine the hilarious hijinks they must have got up to, but I wish I could read about them!
3. Which two characters (NOT from the same book) do you think would make a good couple?
Sheesh! This is a hard one! Maybe Percy and Hermione? Hermione’s kind of similar to Annabeth, so I could imagine Percy liking her I guess (although obviously no one is as perfect for Percy as Annabeth but I had to put something!).
4. If you ran into your favourite author on the Subway and could only say one sentence to them, who is it and what would it be?
If I ran into JK Rowling? I assume you mean after I fainted because it’s freaking JK Rowling! I would say “Thank you for inspiring another Joanne to want to be as great an author as you are”. This is of course assuming I don’t go all tongue tied, because again, JK Rowling!
5. What book made you into a reader and why?
I’m going to avoid the obvious answer Harry Potter here and actually say something different, Shadow The Sheepdog by Enid Blyton. My dad used to read it to me when I was a kid (and the copy was his from when he was a kid) and it was one of the first books I read by myself, so it holds a special place in my heart.
6. Incendio! Your bookshelf just caught on fire! Show us the one book you’d save
One? You can’t make me choose one! That’s not fair! I can’t choose one, I’d go for my signed Jodi Picoult books because they are the only books on my shelves that are irreplaceable. I could replace the rest, but not them. (Note: If this actually happened I would probably cry and then attempt to grab as many books as possible on the way out!).
7. Which dystopian world would you want to live in if you had to choose one? Why?
None? They all sound awful, but Divergent’s world is the least scary of the books I’ve read, so I guess I’d choose that one.
8. What is your most epic read of all time?
Sorry, not answering! This sounds a little too much like favourite read of all time, which is a question I will never answer, so I am keeping my lips tightly closed on this one.
I tag everyone who wants to do this tag to do it!