I’m working through this great long list of tags that I want to do, because I’ve come across so many great ones and who wants to wait to be tagged? So expect to see a lot of these over the next few weeks, but I will try to space them out so you’re not getting too many at once! I’m not actually a coffee fan, so maybe this is a kind of weird one to do, but oh well, I liked the questions so I’m going to do it.
1. Black-Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans
Throne of Glass, I found it really difficult to get into the first book of the series and I have heard that some people felt the same way, but it definitely does have hardcore fans and I am now one of them, because once I pushed through the difficult parts in the first book, I have grown to love the series more and more with each book.
2. Peppermint Mocha-Name a book that gets more popular during winter or a festive time of year
This is an obvious one, I’m pretty sure Harry Potter gets incredibly popular (I know it’s hugely popular all year round but even more so at this time) around the winter and during the Christmas holidays, maybe because the movies always show around Christmas.
3. Hot Chocolate-What is your favourite children’s book?
Shadow the Sheepdog by Enid Blyton, it was one of my favourite books when I was a kid, I also loved The Faraway Tree books when I was a kid as well.
4. Double Shot of Espresso-Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish
Split Second by Sophie McKenzie, the book throws you into the action the moment it starts and it really doesn’t let go until the moment that it ends.
5. Starbucks-Name a book that you see everywhere
At the moment? It’s not been released yet, but I am seeing Go Set A Watchman everywhere. I am on the fence as to whether I want to read or not yet.
6. That hipster coffee shop-Give a book by an indie author a shout out
Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas, she’s not self-published or anything, but this book is not very well known and it deserves more recognition than it gets.
7. Oops I accidentally got decaf-Name a book you were expecting more from-Slated by Teri Terry, it was a really unique concept and I usually love dystopians, but I found myself extremely underwhelmed with the book, it was so slow and I wasn’t keen on the characters.
8. The perfect blend-Name a book that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying
The Book Thief, it’s sad for sure, but it’s so beautiful and definitely has some sweet moments and ultimately it’s one of my favourite books.
I tag anyone who wants to do this tag to do it!