I’m going to continue on the Throne of Glass theme this week, with another of Sarah J Maas’ attractive men, this time Prince Dorian Havilliard. I wasn’t too sure about Dorian at first, I thought he was just another pretty faced womanizer, but then the second book happened and then the third and he just got so much better with the introduction of his (spoiler alert) magic in Crown of Midnight and the stopping of his romantic interest in Celeana (personally, I think they work better as friends, I’m not really either team Dorian or team Chaol, I’m team Aelin or Celeana, depending on what you call her, I think we’re meant to refer to her as Aelin now). I did initially like Chaol but he started to annoy me in the second and third books, whereas I started to like Dorian more, so they’ve kind of switched. Anyway, enough of my rambling, on with the post!
The Gist of Dorian:
1. Dorian is described as being handsome, tall with black hair and sapphire eyes (presumably inherited from an ancestor). It’s understandable that I like him, tall, dark and handsome is exactly my type.
2. He is the Crown Prince of Adarlan, son of the King (who still doesn’t have a name, not that I mind too much, but I think we need to work on that, eh Sarah J Maas) and Queen Georgina. He has a younger brother Hollin.
3. He is 19 (I’m almost the same age! I’ll be 19 in September).
4. (spoiler, scroll if you want to avoid) He has magic which manifests itself in snow and ice.
5. He loves to read (which I love, because who doesn’t love a bookworm!).
6. He is best friends with Chaol.
7. He is a loyal, kind friend, and is often misunderstood.
8. This isn’t really related, but I am dying to know what happened to him after the cliffhanger of the last book. Can September hurry up please?
Dorian’s Best Quotes:
1. “You cannot pick and choose what parts of her to love. Just as you cannot pick which parts of me you accept.” -Heir of Fire, Sarah J Maas
2. “He looked at his friend, perhaps for the last time, and said what he had always known, from the moment they’d met, when he’d understood that the prince was his brother in soul. “I love you.” -Heir of Fire, Sarah J Maas
3. “Even if it meant us being friends again, I don’t think I would want to go back to how it was before-who I was before” -Heir of Fire, Sarah J Maas
I hope I wasn’t too spoilery with this post! I tried not to be, but it’s really hard! What do you guys think of Dorian? Anyone who has read Heir of Fire what did you think of what happened to him? What do you think will happen next? Let me know!
I will have another Swoonworthy Sunday post for you next week, but tomorrow I will be posting my Monday Recommendations, so make sure to check that out!