It’s technically Monday here in the UK as I write this post, but hey, it’s Sunday in other places! For today’s Swoonworthy Sunday post, I decide to write about one of the men in Throne of Glass. It’s actually pretty amazing that I haven’t done a post on any of them yet, as there are a number of swoonworthy guys in the Throne of Glass series. For today’s post I decided to focus on my favourite male character, and relatively new addition to the Throne of Glass series Rowan Whitethorn (I will try to keep this post spoiler free for Heir of Fire).
The Gist of Rowan:
1. He is tall, broad shouldered, and incredibly muscular. He has delicately pointed ears and slightly elongated canines. He has sun kissed skin and a tattoo on the left side of his face. He has pine green eyes and silver hair.
2. He is a full Fae and as such is immortal.
3. He can shapeshift, his other form is a white-tailed hawk.
4. His fae powers are wind and ice.
5. He is about 400 years old, although his exact age is never stated, this can be assumed from details given in the book.
6. He and Aelin are caranams.
7. He has a rather harsh, and difficult personality, but he opens himself up to Aelin (Celeana) and they come to have a mutual understanding and respect.
Rowan’s best quotes (I won’t put the book because he’s only introduced in Heir Of Fire, so obviously they are all from there!)
1. “You collect scars because you want proof that you’re paying for whatever sins you’ve committed. And I know this because I’ve been doing the same damn thing for two hundred years. Tell me, do you think you will go to some blessed Afterworld or do you expect a burning hell? You’re hoping for hell–because how could you face them in the Afterworld? Better to suffer, to be damned for eternity and–”
2. “I wish you to become who you were born to be. To become queen.”
3. “You don’t bite the women of other males”
4. “Maeve had lied. Or lied by omission. But she knew. She knew what the girl had gone through-knew she’d been a slave. That day-that day early on, he’d threatened to whip the girl, gods above. And she had lost it. He’d been such a proud fool that he’d assumed she’d lashed out because she was nothing more than a child. He should have known better-should have known that when she did react to something like that, it meant the scars went deep. And then there were the other things he’d said…”
I know there are many Throne of Glass fans out there, so let me know, what do you think of Rowan? Do you like him? Why? And if you don’t, then why not?
I might do one of these for Dorian, I’m not sure if I’ll do one for Chaol though, sorry to all the Chaol fans, but I’m just not that keen on him.
I will be back with another Swoonworthy Sunday post next week, but tomorrow I will have another Monday Recommendations for you, so make sure to check that out. I also posted a new feature today, Quarterly Rewind, which marks the end of a new season and the beginning of the next by looking back on the previous season. This month’s is looking back on spring to mark the official beginning of summer, so make sure to check that out!