I know, I know, you’re probably all wondering, she’s done this twice already, why would she want to do it again? Well Shelbie over at Lu-Lu’s Rants and Reads, nominated everyone who wanted to, whether they had or hadn’t done this award before, to answer her questions and I thought her questions were good, so I chose to do it again! Plus I love doing this, it’s so much fun answering book related (or non-book related) questions and I think it’s a fun way for you guys to get to know me.
1. Where is your favourite reading spot?
In bed, I love to read in bed, there’s nothing like being tucked up, nice and cosy in your own bed with a good book! The only thing needed to make it absolute perfection would be a mug of hot chocolate!
2. What are your pet peeves (it could be anything, not just book related)?
I hate it when people stand over me whilst I’m doing something, whether it be someone peering over my shoulder to see what I’m reading, someone coming and just standing in the doorway whilst I’m watching a movie, or even when the invigilators in an exam stand over your shoulder looking at your exam paper (they don’t seem to do this at A-Level, but the invigilators for GCSE did this so much, and it got on my nerves!). I just find people standing over me when I’m doing something really uncomfortable and distracting. I also hate it when people interrupt me whilst I’m reading, it’s like, I’m reading a book here, can’t you tell that I don’t want to talk to you right now?!!!!
3. Do you prefer e-book, physical book or audio book? Why?
Physical books all the way! I love the feeling of holding a book in your hands, the anticipation you get when you turn the cover and start to read the first page. There’s just something different about reading a physical book compared to reading something on screen.
4. Why did you start blogging?
I’m pretty sure I’ve answered this question before, but I’ll answer it again, I started blogging because I love to write (and read obviously!) and obviously to be a good writer, it’s good to practice writing. I had started posting book reviews on Tumblr, and was having a lot of fun with it, so when I found out you could start your own blog on WordPress, I figured I’d give it ago, I had no idea that I’d get as many followers, or views as I have now, I was really only expecting a couple of friends and maybe my family to read it, not people from all over the world. Seriously, thank you to everyone who reads this blog!
5. What character would you choose to be your friend if you could?
I’d love to be friends with Hermione Granger, she inspired me a lot when I was younger, and although she’s much smarter than me, we do share a love of books, and I could just imagine the fun we’d have sitting down to talk books together.
6. Are you watching a new TV show? If so, what is it?
I actually started watching two new TV series this year, How To Get Away With Murder and Jane The Virgin and have loved both of them, I can’t wait for the next seasons!
7. What three books would you want with you if you were stranded on a desert island?
Just three? Really? Man this is tough! I’d have to say Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief, because if I was stranded on a desert island, I would need a fix of Percy, Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire, because it’s my favourite book of the series, and My Sister’s Keeper because it’s one of my favourite books.
8. What are some hobbies you have?
I assume you mean aside from reading! I love horses, I go riding every Saturday, and help out at the stables and I really enjoy that. I love to shop (if you can call shopping a hobby, which I think you can!), especially if it’s book shopping! I used to go trampolining and I really enjoyed that, although I had to stop because of my exams. I like to watch TV, and movies. I love hanging out with my friends. I like to run, I often go running with my sister, and/or my dog, although I do sometimes go alone. I like to cook, although my mum doesn’t let me do it often because I make a mess of the kitchen! I like to write (obviously!). I think that’s about it!
9. Do you have a favourite food? What is it?
Aside from the obvious (chocolate), which I’m not going to say, simply because it’s kind of a given, my favourite food is sausages.
10. What is your biggest fear?
Spiders! They creep me out! I still can’t watch the scene with all the spiders in the second Harry Potter movie!
11. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
My IPod, I listen to music whilst I’m running, plus I get my emails on there, so it basically is a necessity to me!
For nominations, I simply nominate everyone who wants to do it, whether they have done the award previously or notand because I’m lazy, I’m just going to use the same questions as I did last time!
1. What is your favourite genre of novel and why?
2. What are your least favourite tropes in YA fiction (if you read it) and why?
3. Which book first got you interested in reading?
4. Is there a book that still sticks with you long after reading it? Why has it stayed with you?
5. What books would you like to pass down to your future (or current) children? Why?
6. What is your ultimate favourite book?
7. Do you “ship” characters in books? If so, what is your favourite ship? If not, then why not?
8. Who is one author you’ve always wanted to meet? Why?
9. Do you have any weird bookish quirks?
10. What do you like most about blogging?
11. Do you like it when your favourite books are turned into movies? If so, then why? If not, then why not?
If you choose to do this, then leave a link to your posts in the comments, I’d love to read your thoughts on my questions! Heck, I’d love to hear your thoughts on my answers to these questions. Basically, I’d love to hear from anyone reading this!