So I’m back with another Swoonworthy Sunday for all of you, and I decided that I would do Finnick this Sunday, completing what I am now going to refer to as the “trio of Hunger Games hotties”. I have to admit, that my inclusion of Finnick kind of has more to do with the film than the book, although I know he was hot in the book, I’m kind of a sucker for British actors! I did love Finnick in the book though, at first I found him a little irritating, but he grew on me (as some characters do) and I was so sad about what happened to him in Mockingjay (why Suzanne Collins, why?). I loved that he was shown to be so much more than just the pretty boy, and really became a true friend to Katniss.
The Gist of Finnick:
2. He is 24 years old.
3. He won the 65th Hunger Games when he was only 14.
4. He comes from district 4 and uses a trident as a weapon.
5. He had many lovers as a result of being prostituted after his Games and traded in secret.
6. He fell in love with, and later married and had a son with, Annie Cresta, a tribute he mentored from his district in the 70th Games.
7. He is easy going, and has a self effacing sense of humour. First appears very flirtatious when he meets Katniss, but reveals his true personality later on.
8. He is the youngest tribute ever to win The Hunger Games.
Finnick’s best quotes:
1. “Want a sugar cube?” -Mockingjay
2. “It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart” -Mockingjay
3. “Why……do you find this…..distracting?” -Mockingjay
4. “I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there’s no relief in waking” -Mockingjay
5. “Anyone paying attention could see how much you care about him” -Mockingjay
I chose Finnick this week, not just because he’s attractive (that’s kind of a given!) but because he’s such a good friend to Katniss when she really needs one, and he’s far more than just the pretty boy, he’s loyal, trustworthy, has a pretty good sense of humour and can obviously kick butt in a fight. What more do you want?
I will be back next Sunday with another Swoonworthy Sunday post, I have someone planned for this one, but I’m not going to tell you, I’ll leave it a surprise! I will also have another Monday Recommendations post for you tomorrow, so check that out.