Here we are, another Thursday Quotables. So for this week, I’ve decided to do quotes about friendship from books, as I love books with good strong friendships, so here they are, ten quotes about friendship.
1. “You have been my friend” replied Charlotte, “that in itself is a tremendous thing”
-Charlotte’s Web, EB White
There is nothing better than an amazing friend and I think this quote is testemant to that.
2. “Books! And cleverness! There are more important things-friendship and bravery” -Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone, JK Rowling
I love this quote because I think it shows what Hermione values most (her friends) and how she grows over the series, she’s not only smart but she is brave and loyal to her friends.
3. “It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer” -Charlotte’s Web, EB White
Charlotte’s Web is one of my favourite books from my childhood, and I love the unusual friendship between Charlotte and Wilbur.
4. “And like a favourite old movie, sometimes the sameness in a friend is what you like most about her” -Something Borrowed, Emily Giffin
I haven’t read this book, but I really like this quote, it’s true, the familiarity of your friends is sometimes what you like most about them.
5. “Friendship isn’t a science mudboy. Just do what you think is right” -Holly Short, Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception, Eoin Colfer
I love this quote, it shows the simplicity of friendship.
6. “You’re the one who is weak. You will never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you” -Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix
The Order of The Phoenix is my least favourite Harry Potter book, but I do love this quote, because I think it’s true, you are much weaker without great friends.
7. “They called you the Glue”
“Yeah probably because you’re the kind of glue that holds us all together”
-The Scorch Trials, James Dashner
I love this quote because I think it’s very true, in groups of friends there is often one person, the glue, who bonds the group together.
8. “Friendship of the unshakeable kind. Friendship you could swear on. That could be busted nearly to breaking and come back stronger than before” -Blue Lily, Lily Blue
This describes the friendship that everyone wants to have, the kind that everyone hopes they have, a friendship that can survive anything.
9. “When you feel someone else’s pain and joy as powerfully as if it were your own, then you know you truly loved them” -Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of The Sisterhood, Anne Brashares
These books are the ultimate friendship books, and I think this is a really beautiful quote to describe friendship.
10. “Friends can make you feel like the world is smaller and less sneaky, because you know people who have gone through similar things” -The Austere Academy, Lemony Snicket
A nice quote about how you need friends who have been through similar things that you have to make the world a less scary place.
So that’s my Thursday Quotables for this week, I’ll be back with another one of these next week, but in the meantime, check out my new review of Lauren Oliver’s Panic, if you haven’t already, and I will be here with my new Friday Favourites post tomorrow.