So for my second Thursday quotables, I thought I’d try something a little different and instead of picking a certain genre, or author to use quotes from, I decided that today’s quotes would be five quotes that every bookworm can relate to. So here we go:
1. I haven’t actually read any Stephen King, but I thought this quote was very true, books are the perfect entertainment, you don’t have to charge them, you don’t need signal or credit and they bring you a lot of enjoyment and I think a lot of bookworms can probably relate to this.
2. I’m pretty sure that most bookworms at some point or another have felt this, the feeling when you get so attached to a fictional character and then they die, and you never get over that. I know I certainly have felt this way about fictional character’s deaths.
3. I had a little taste of this, this week when I had to pick my top ten authors and I know I’ve felt it before when someone’s asked me what my favourite book is. Do any of you find it difficult to pick a favourite book? Or do you know?
4. I don’t know about everyone else but I feel like this everytime I finish a book with a major cliffhanger at the end. Any Sarah J Maas fans out there, this is probably the most accurate description of how I felt after finishing Heir of Fire and I’m sure some of you must have experienced this too, when you finish a book and the ending is so devastating but everyone around you has no idea the trauma you just experienced!
5. This pretty much accurately describes the feeling I get everytime I walk into a book shop, knowing that there are so many books there and I could read anyone of them gives me such a happy feeling, and if you love books too, I’m sure you’ve felt that, the happy feeling of just stepping into a book shop and knowing you’ve entered a place filled with endless possibilities.
So that’s my Thursday Quotables for this week, let me know if you relate to any of these, or whether there are any quotes whether it be from books or about books and reading in general that you really relate to. Next week I will have another Thursday Quotables for you, but tomorrow is my Friday Favourites, so look out for that.