This is a meme hosted by Stay Bookish, but whilst they do this on a Saturday, I am going to do Swoonworthy Sundays because I needed something for Sunday and this sounded like fun! This Sunday I’m going to introduce you all to one of my favourite male characters in fiction, and one that a lot of you are probably already familiar with, who always makes my list of book boyfriends. The subject of today’s Swoonworthy Sunday, is Percy Jackson.
The Gist of Percy Jackson:
1. Has sea-green eyes, black hair and is tall and muscular (at least by the end of the fifth PJO book, anyway) and what’s not to like about that?
2. He has the best sense of humour
3. He’s so loyal to his friends that personal loyalty is his fatal flaw
4. He’s the son of Poseidon, which means that he’s an extremely powerful demigod and can do loads of cool things with water.
5. He’s really close to his mum and that’s cute.
6. He’s goofy and can be kind of dense sometimes which makes him come out with some stupid, but funny remarks.
7. He is the cutest boyfriend to Annabeth.
8. He’s really brave
Percy Jackson’s Swoonworthy moments/quotables
-“It was pretty much the best underwater kiss of all time” -about his and Annabeth’s kiss in The Last Olympian.
-“Percy wanted to tell her the same thing but it seemed too small a comment. While he had been on the Roman side, he’d kept himself alive almost solely by thinking of Annabeth. I missed you didn’t really cover that” -reuniting with Annabeth in Mark of Athena
-“Don’t I get a kiss for luck? It’s kind of a tradition right?
Come back alive, Seaweed Brain. Then we’ll see” -Percy and Annabeth
“The world was collapsing, and the only thing that really mattered to me was that she was still alive” -Percy about Annabeth in The Last Olympian
“The rivalry ends here” Percy said. “I love you Wise Girl” -Percy to Annabeth in The Blood of Olympus.
So that is why Percy Jackson is book-boyfriend material, he’s cute, funny, powerful, loyal and not to mention a great boyfriend to his girlfriend in the books Annabeth. Next Sunday, I will be back with another Book Boyfriend, but tomorrow will be my first Monday Recommendations, so look out for that.